The Virtual Bookstore at MBSDirect.net will be open for textbook purchasing on Monday, July 18, 2016. Free Shipping will be available for all orders over $99.00 from July 18 through 31.
After July 31, all orders over $99.00 qualify for $4.95 flat rate shipping from MBS Direct.
Students will be expected to have the correct student edition of all books on the first day of class.
FINDING YOUR SON’S LIST OF COURSES
The first step in ordering textbooks is to obtain the list of courses in which your son is enrolled for next year. Please check your son’s course list close to the time in which you order books as changes are still being made to some lists. Course lists will be finalized by July 18.
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to the following website in any modern browser: https://www.priory.org/login
- Enter in your given username and password (the password is case sensitive), click Login. New families will receive a separate email with their usernames and passwords.
- You may be prompted to set up security questions. Please do so if asked.
- Once you are logged in you will see a welcome screen with your son’s or sons’ names on the left hand side. Click on the link that says NetClassroom.
- Once you are in NetClassroom you will see your son’s name on the left hand side. This is a drop down menu if you have multiple sons here at Priory. Use this to switch between your sons’ accounts.
- At the top of the page you will see a menu of links. To see your son’s classes, click on the ‘[Son’s name] classes’ at the top. On the left side of the page, be sure you have selected the correct year (2016-17), and on the right side, make sure ‘Marking column’ is set to T1 (first term). There will be a drop down menu in the middle of the page that says ‘View,' and clicking it will show you a list of your son’s classes.
The next step for returning students is to determine whether you have retained any books from last year. The list of which books you were to keep can be found here.
Then, order your textbooks any time after 8 a.m., Monday, July 18. Please follow these steps:
- Log in to https://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/priory.htm.
- Click on “Order Your Books.” Select your payment method.
- Select term from the dropdown menu: “2016-2017 School Year.”
- Check the “ADD” box next to your son’s form (7th grade is Form I, 8th grade is Form II, etc.). You may order for more than one form at once. Click “Continue.”
- Check the “ADD” box next to all courses in which your son is enrolled for next year. (If your son is enrolled in a course that is not listed, there are no materials required for that course.) Click “Continue.”
- A complete list of course materials for the courses you have selected will appear. There is a color-coded box next to each title stating whether that title is Required or Optional for the course and whether you might have purchased it in previous years.
- Make your selection to buy new, buy used, or buy through the Barnes & Noble Marketplace (third-party vendors similar to Amazon). More information about the Marketplace is here: https://www.mbsdirect.net/Downloads/Saint-Louis-Priory-Marketplace-Disclaimer_V2.pdf?FVCUSNO=36090
- After making selections, click “Review Cart.”
- Review the items in your cart.
- Click “Proceed to Checkout.”
- The Sign In screen will pop up. Please enter an email address and password and write it down for safekeeping, as you will continue to use that same sign-in combination to order your books year after year and to sell them back at the end of each year.
- Once you are signed in, complete your order as usual when ordering items online.
- You’re done! Sit back and wait for your books to arrive! New and used books ordered from MBS Direct are shipped from its facility in Columbia, MO, within 24 hours. Orders from the Marketplace will be shipped in accordance with those vendors’ shipping policies.
MANAGING THE COST OF BOOKS
Priory recognizes that the cost of textbooks is a concern for many families and works to hold down costs while keeping our students up-to-date with high-quality, challenging educational material. Through MBS Direct, we offer choices of new and used textbooks, as well as access to Barnes and Noble’s Marketplace, which is competitive with Amazon’s third-party vendors.
If you purchase new or used books through MBS Direct, you are guaranteed to receive the correct student edition of the text.
If you choose to purchase through the Marketplace or through another third-party supplier, please check the items you receive to make sure they are exactly what you ordered. Confirm that the ISBN number on the back of the book matches what you ordered.
Specifically, teacher’s editions of texts will not be allowed. They are a violation of Saint Louis Priory School’s Honor Code.
A word about hand-me-down textbooks: As expected, some textbooks are changing this year, moving either to entirely new texts or updated editions of previous books. Please wait until the Virtual Bookstore opens on July 18 to check which editions will be used this year before committing to buy or borrow books from older students. The ISBN of the book you are buying/borrowing must match the one on MBS Direct to ensure you have the correct book.
A FEW TIPS FOR TEXTBOOK CARE
Every year many textbooks with no owners’ names find their way to the Priory lost and found. As soon as you receive this year’s books, please put your son’s name inside the front cover using a permanent marker.
If you plan to sell your books back at the end of the school year, please do not write on the edges of the books. His name on the inside front cover is sufficient to locate the rightful owner and will not affect your ability to sell back to MBS Direct.
MBS Direct will not buy back books missing covers or pages, with broken spines or with excessive highlighting or margin notes. Stretchy book covers can help protect your investment.
If you have questions regarding your son’s courses, please contact Mrs. Stasia Frentzel, Priory’s Registrar, at email@example.com or 314-434-3690, ext. 142.
If you have questions regarding NetClassroom and login credentials, please contact the Priory Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding ordering textbooks, please contact Mrs. Hilda Willman, Priory’s Campus Store Manager, at email@example.com or 314-434-3690, ext. 140 or MBS Direct at 1-800-325-3252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy your summer! See you at Rebel Roundup on August 22!