Safe Environment Compliance Information
As one part of Saint Louis Abbey and Saint Louis Priory School’s commitment to a safe environment, all employees and any volunteers of the school are required to complete the Prevent and Protect STL program sponsored by the Archdiocese of St. Louis. This program includes regular criminal background checks, attendance at a Protecting God’s Children workshop, online training regarding Mandated Reporters and the Code of Conduct, and agreeing to the program’s Code of Ethical Conduct. Please see below for details on program participation.
Volunteer Registration for the Safe Environment Online Portal
- Go to https://www.preventandprotectstl.org
- Click “Register” below the LOG IN button (image at right).
- Enter the passcode stlprotect when prompted.
- Select the type of location where you are a volunteer or employee
- Non-Parish School or Program
- Select the specific location by name
- St. Louis Priory School
- Click the roles associated with your employment/service at the parish, school, or agency.
- If you are active at only one location, this will be your “primary” location. If you are active at more than one location, click the ADD PARISH/LOCATION button and repeat the steps above. With more than one location, please click the “This is my main/primary location” circle to indicate where you are employed or, if you are a volunteer, where most of your ministry or service is performed.
- Complete your personal information. Please enter your legal first name for the purposes
- of the background screening. There are no credit checks and no soft hits to credit.
- Create a username, password and password clue.
You will then be prompted to submit information for a background screening, register for a Protecting God’s Children workshop*, view two online training modules, and agree to the Code of Ethical Conduct.
If you have previously attended a PGC workshop, the system will find and/or ask you to confirm your previous record of attendance. You will not be prompted to register for an upcoming workshop. If, for some reason, it does not match your previous training to this account and you are prompted to register for a class, please register for “PREVIOUSLYATTENDED-DATE NOT LISTED” and send an email to the address below. We will apply the correct training record to your account.
You may use the links in your approval checklist to access these requirements. These steps may be completed all at once or may be completed separately at your convenience. You will receive an automated email weekly to remind you which requirements are outstanding. When all compliance requirements have been completed, your account will be approved and you will be clear to work with minors and vulnerable adults.
Should you need any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance. Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Father Dominic Lenk, O.S.B.
Saint Louis Abbey Safe Environment Coordinator
Executive Director, Office of Child & Youth Protection 314.792.7271
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children’s Division Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline:
Missouri Department of Heath & Senior Services
Adult Abuse and Neglect Hotline: