Applying to Priory
We encourage interested families to reach out to our Admissions Office early in the process with any questions or concerns about applying. We love to meet potential students and would be happy to talk with you about Priory, and to host your son for a day!
- Register with SSAT to take the Secondary School Admission Test
- Most students take this test in the fall or winter during their application year. Students should take the test no later than January 7, 2017 in order to be considered in our first round of decisions.
- Priory is hosting an SSAT administration on January 7, 2017. You can find other test dates and locations at ssat.org
- Complete the Standard Application Online (http://www.ssat.org/sao)
- Request a copy of your son’s academic record from his current school
- Request a teacher recommendation from a teacher who can speak to your son’s strengths
- If you would prefer a paper application, just reach out to our office and we will get one to you. It is our goal to make the application process as easy as possible for our families.
- Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid application if you are applying for tuition assistance.
- Schedule a half-day visit and interview at Priory. We can do the interview (with parents present) on the same day or a different day as the student’s shadow visit. Call us at (314) 434-3690 x101 or email Alice Dickherber at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Come in for a tour – any time! We would love to meet you and show you around our campus before you start the application process. We welcome visitors throughout the year.
Visit/Interview slots open September 12, 2016. Just pick a date and e-mail email@example.com or call our office at (314) 434-3690 ext. 101 to schedule your son’s visit.
SSAT Administration at Priory: Saturday, January 7, 2017
Application and FACTS Grant & Aid Application Deadline: January 17, 2017
Decision notification date: March 17, 2017
Enrollment Contract return deadline: April 7, 2017
When should your son apply to Priory?
Priory begins in 7th grade. We have a six-year program and encourage families considering Priory to apply during their son’s 5th or 6th grade year. We do welcome applicants at all grade levels, including 9th grade, when we have space in a given class. We encourage you to inquire with the Admissions Office about admission into 8th through 12th grade and we will walk you through the process.
Priory offers two types of admission to incoming 7th graders, Early Decision and Regular Decision.
Early Decision Program – for Fifth Grade boys
Priory offers the Early Decision Program for families who have investigated options early and have decided that Priory is a good fit for their son. Early Decision applicants go through the application process and if admitted, receive offers of enrollment during fifth grade for seventh grade entry. The application requirements and the timeline are the same as our Regular Decision applicants. We ask students admitted during the Early Decision program to make a tuition deposit that will be applied to the student’s first year tuition, and admission is contingent upon successful completion of the student’s sixth grade year and a continued record of good citizenship.
To maintain spots in the class for students applying during sixth grade, we accept only a portion of our entering class through the Early Decision program. As always, we seek to identify and attract the most highly qualified boys to Priory. If we review an early decision applicant and believe he may be a good fit for Priory but that he needs additional development before we can make a final decision, we may defer that applicant and encourage him to go through the regular decision process during his sixth grade year.
Regular Decision – For Sixth Grade boys
Our regular decision applicants typically visit Priory for a shadow day in the fall of 6th grade, and complete the application process in January. Admissions and financial aid decisions will be sent in March, and we will ask admitted students who plan to enroll at Priory for seventh grade to submit a $750 tuition deposit by April 7.
What happens next?
We love having the opportunity to get to know our incoming students better and to give our students a chance to meet each other before school begins. Keep an eye out for summer opportunities at Priory as well as August social opportunities for incoming families!
If you have questions about the application process, please reach out to us!
Priory Admissions Office
500 South Mason Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63141
Priory Admissions Staff
Alice Dickherber – firstname.lastname@example.org
Father John McCusker, O.S.B., '01 – email@example.com
Bobby McCormack – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherri Anselm – email@example.com