Our robotics club competes in the worldwide FIRST Robotics Competition. We focus on mechanical, electrical and software engineering as well as team management (business, public relations, fundraising, safety).
- The opportunity to explore many aspects of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) in a supportive environment where failure is a learning experience
- Hone creative, businesss and PR skills
- Looks great on your transcripts
- Opportunities for scholarships
- Meeting pioneering companies at competitions
When and Where:
Preseason (beginning of school - December 31): We will have various meetings during preseason, which are announced towards the beginning of the school year.
Season (first Saturday of January - mid-March): Meet for at least four hours (2 x 2 hour work session) per week to work on the robot. Signups for these are towards the end of the year. Flexibility is key; we understand our students' tough schedules. Sessions are M/W/F (5-7, 7-9), Saturday (12-2, 2-4), and Sunday (2-4, 4-6). If we make it to the championships, our schedule is extended to late April.
Post-Season (TBD): After the season we have a final team meeting and party. Date depends on championship participation.
Team meetings are held in Room 8 of the Junior School. Work sessions are in the Robotics room and lower commons of the Junior School.
You must be a hard worker and willing to learn
How to join:
Contact Mr. Ward
Mr. Ward, (314) 434-3690 x286