A message from the Technology and Communications offices
Dear Priory family member,
We’ve recently become aware of a website with a name similar to ours that has found information about our students and attempts to appear to be an official website for the school. Only a small line at the bottom of the page makes it clear that the provider of the website actually has no connection to the school or the Abbey.
We feel that at this time it would be appropriate to convey some aspects of our Communications plan for the school and Abbey. A more formal policy will be introduced at a later date:
- The Abbey and school own and/or operate only the following websites. If you see a website that appears official or contains school/student information other than reputable news websites, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The school operates a variety of website variants using the above names, such as netclassroom.priory.org. These should be considered as part of the 8 websites listed above.
- The school emails students, parents and alumni from accounts ending in @stlprioryschool.org or @priory.org. Email coming from other email domains should not be considered official email from either the Abbey or the school. Please report any suspicious emails to email@example.com.
- Social media accounts that are official school channels are identified as being curated by the Communications Department and link to priory.org.
- The school does not sell or give out personal information to third parties with the exception of those organizations with which the school is either 1) required to provide personal data in order to comply with applicable government regulations, 2) required to provide personal data in order to maintain accreditation or membership for school-related activities, or 3) required in order to operate services or software provided by third parties for the benefit of providing the school’s educational services. In all cases, we attempt to apply as much security as possible to your personal information to ensure that it remains as secure as possible.
- Personal data is defined as information that can identify an individual and can include data such as parts of one’s name, social security number, date of birth, home address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
The Abbey and School take pains to streamline our communications to the community and safeguard your personal information. Announcements of new websites or internet-related services will always come from one of the above-mentioned sources. If you have questions or concerns about this announcement, please email Director of Technology Gabe Santa Cruz.