Attention: Robotics Team Members
All members of the team need to register on STIMS by October 31st in order to be on the team (We are FRC team number 1329). This is mandatory to be on the team. Also, if you did not attend the meeting September 7th, you must fill out this form indicating which disciplines you would like to be part of.
This year, the 4 divisions (Mechanical, Controls, PR, and Business) have disciplines (sub-groups which deal with a specific part of the whole division's job) within them (see diagram).
Click for larger version
- Fabrication (deals with physical construction of robot)
- Design (designs robot and its component parts in CAD)
- Safety (ensures safety procedures are being followed)
- Electrical (wiring, pneumatics)
- Programming (coding of robot)
- Finance (fundraising and sponsor relations)
- Media (graphic design and social media)
- Finance (same discipline as in PR)
- Organization (team management, budgeting, and expense accounting).
In addition, this year we are releasing our team handbook to the whole team. This is an abbreviated version which describes our team's structure, policies, and general schedule. A more specific schedule of this season is also available, please read it over and mark down the Kickoff event and St. Louis regional.
After we have received the discipline signup information from the above form, we will begin to schedule training sessions to instruct people in these disciplines; keep checking your email later this month for information about these.
Finally, we are always looking for mentors and volunteers, please reply to this if you are interested in either of those.
- Register for STIMS.
- Fill out discipline signup form.
- Read the handbook (it's only a few pages).
- Look out for an email about training.
- Mark down kickoff and STL regional event so you can go.
- Ask your parents about mentoring/volunteering.