Campus Boil Order, 9/6/16
9/7, 9 a.m.
Missouri-American Water has lifted the boil order for our area. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we dealt with this issue.
9/6, 7 p.m.
As you are aware, late this morning Missouri American Water issued a precautionary boil water advisory for Creve Coeur and the surrounding areas. The faculty and staff at Priory took immediate steps to ensure the safety of our students. All water fountains on campus were immediately marked out of order and off limits due to the water company's boil advisory. Bottled water was made available for all students and staff during the afternoon hours. Athletic practices were either canceled or altered, and bottled water was secured for athletic competitions.
In looking ahead to tomorrow, the administration of Priory is waiting with much of St. Louis to receive an update on the water quality. However, we are recommending that each boy bring a large bottle or thermos of water to school tomorrow. We will have bottled water available as well, but we strongly encourage each boy to bring enough water for the school day. Our food service staff has assured us that they will take all necessary precautions to provide a safe, healthy lunch for our students.
If the boil advisory is not lifted, we will once again make any necessary changes to tomorrow's athletic schedule.
Please continue to check email, Priory's website, and social media (Facebook and Twitter) for any updates regarding this situation. For more information regarding the Missouri-American Water boil advisory, please visit their website.
Upon receiving news of the boil advisory from Missouri-American Water this morning, Priory administrators immediately took appropriate precautions:
- We are bringing in bottled water for our students and faculty.
- Junior School sports is canceled for the afternoon. The students will be supervised in the Junior School during the time designated for athletics.
- The Varsity Soccer game vs. MICDS will be played as scheduled. Priory will provide bottled water for athletes.
- The Varsity Football team will be practicing indoors at the gym, and will be provided bottled water.
- Cross Country practice is canceled.
- B Team Football will still play their game this afternoon at John Burroughs School.
- UPDATE (1:20 p.m.): JV Soccer at MICDS is canceled, and the team will not practice today.
For more information regarding the Missouri-American Water boil advisory, please visit the water company website.