Cross Country: Borgia Invitational Recap
Coach Gleich writes:
Great day to race with fall colors on a cool, sunny day. The only challenge was the wetness of the course, but the course was in great shape given the amount of rain we had earlier in the week.
· Took home the second place plaque, only losing to SLUH
· Our top six all medaled: Greg Rowles (8), James Coyle (9), Peter George (12), John Walker (17), Anthony Thomas (18) and Brian Koch (23)
· Nine athletes set new PR’s for the year!
· Took home the third place trophy, only missing second by eight points
· Our top three athletes finished in the top 10 earning medals: Robert Onder (6), Parker Dow (8), Andrew Evans (10)
· These three guys finished within 2 seconds of each other and all set new PR’s for the year!
· Took fifth of twenty-two teams.
· Showed gallant effort with three of the athletes running with leg injuries
· Our top three athletes finished within nine seconds of each other: Thomas Lowell (26), Luke Lissner (28), Jake Drysdale (31) with Alex Lowell just behind (38)
Top performers in each race were:
· Freshman: John Walker who improved his time by 4 minutes and medaled.
· Junior Varsity: Andrew Evans who raced with Parker and Bobby the whole way setting a PR and medaling.
· Varsity: Luke Lissner who ran neck and neck with Thomas Lowell the entire race.