Football vs. MICDS, 9/17/16
On Saturday, Sept. 17, the Rebels took on conference rival MICDS in varsity football. The game was a nailbiter, with a 13-13 tie at 1:45 left in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, the game didn't go Priory's way, and the final score was 27-13, but there were some highlights:
- Senior WR Connor Donnelly had 5 catches for 94 yards (a 19 yd average), including a huge catch in the closing minutes of the game.
- Senior LB Tony Kraus was second on the team in tackling, with 5 solos, 3 assists, 1 tackle for a loss and 1 sack.
- Senior TE Holden Wilmsen scored one rushing TD and one receiving TD.
- Junior QB James Dimitroff threw for 160 yards and 1 touchdown, while rushing for an additional 56 yards.
- Junior RB Daniel Willman rushed 14 times for 121 yards — a 8.6 yd/rush average. He also led the team in tackling with 8 solos and 1 fumble recovery.
- Sophomore DB Tony Leeker caught a huge one-handed interception in the endzone to thwarted an MICDS scoring chance.
- Sophomore lineman Duncan Phillips blocked an extra point attempt and recorded 5 solo tackles.
Priory alumnus Ryan Casey took photos at the game, which are available for purchase. Proceeds from photo purchases benefit the school. Ryan also has photos available from the Varsity Football game vs. John Burroughs and the Varsity Soccer game vs. MICDS.