The College Board shared additional information with AP teachers about their subject exams during the first week of April. The following are highlights of that information from the College Counseling Office:
Exam dates will be May 11 – May 22, 2020
- Exam makeup dates will be June 1-5, 2020. Makeup dates should only be used if there are technical issues or illness on the scheduled exam date & time.
- The full schedule can be found here: 2020 AP exam schedule
- Exam times will be at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.
- We strongly suggest that a parent be available at home during the exam time to help address and alleviate possible technical issues.
Exams will be 45 minutes, online only
- There will be a timer on the screen during the exam for the student to pace himself.
- Please make me aware of any technical needs you have so we can rectify ahead of time.
- Exams will consist of free response questions only (no multiple choice.)
- Students may submit typed answers OR they may handwrite and upload a photo of their work (possibly better for subjects like math and chemistry, but this is up to individual preference.)
- Exams will be open book/open note and will focus on applying the content of what students have learned.
- A copy of the completed exams will be sent to the AP teacher in late May. The exams will not be used for end of year grading purposes.
Students will have opportunity to practice with the technology ahead of time.
- A practice guide will be released in late April.
- Students with registrations that indicate approved accommodations will be granted that extra time automatically; the exam timer will reflect the extended time. All Priory students with accommodations have been registered accordingly.
- Sophisticated plagiarism software will be in place.
- College Board will make students aware of all policies and expectations ahead of time.
- Any breach will be reported to every college the student has sent scores to (PSAT, AP, SAT) in the past and in the future.