Dear Priory Families,
Autumn is one of the most exciting times of the school year. The fresh breeze and bright sunshine, combined with a return to school, makes everything feel fresh and new again. This year we are all enthusiastic about our new spaces, new scoreboards, and all our upcoming events.
Homecoming is October 6 and 7 and the weekend is filled with activities.
Spirit Week - Tuesday-Friday, October 3-6
- Tuesday - Pajama day
- Wednesday - Lumberjack on the Beach
- Thursday - Cowboy at the Office
- Friday - Priory Spirit Wear / Homecoming Shirts
- Please note that you must dress in Priory Spirit attire, this is not a free dress-down day
Friday, October 6
- 5:30 p.m. - Mass in the Abbey Church
- 6 p.m. - Reception for Alumni of 'X3 and 'X8, plus the 1973 football players. Spouses and significant others welcome.
- 6:30 p.m. - Annual bonfire. All students and staff are invited. Show up for a great evening that includes food, games, a massive fire, and the first annual teacher fight night.
Saturday, October 7
- 11:30 a.m. – Pre-game picnic at Todd Stadium with Complimentary BBQ hosted by the Alumni board
- Campus tours offered by golf cart throughout morning and afternoon
- 1 p.m. – Football game kickoff
- Halftime – We will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Priory’s first State football championship. Players and coaches from that team will be honored.
- 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - STUCO-sponsored Homecoming Dance for students
- Buy your tickets here
- Password to buy tickets is Ravens2023
Speaking of new, students are enjoying the spaces around campus because of the generosity to our Sharing the Promise capital campaign. Thank you!
The admissions season is off to a strong start, with even more families bringing their sons for shadow visits and tours of the school than in previous years. It has been our pleasure to welcome these young men, many of whom are visiting for the first time. A special thank you to many of your sons who have so generously offered to be hosts for future classmates — they are doing a fantastic job welcoming their new friends to Priory. If you know of anyone who might be interested in touring Priory, please have them contact Enrollment Specialist Julie Winkeler at email@example.com.
It is a joy and privilege to be a part of the Priory community. We clearly see the excitement in your sons as they arrive each day and pass through the halls. They are polite, kind, joyful, and funny, and I especially enjoy hearing their laughter and bantering at each bell.
We are so grateful to you, our families. Thank you for trusting us with your sons, and for all that you do to make our school so special.
Laus Tibi Domine,
Assistant Head of School for Mission Advancement