Greetings from the School Counseling office!
We are thrilled to see the boys back on campus, and we are here to support them in adjusting to the changes this year. While the protocols may bring a range of reactions and emotions, we are praying for health and safety and a semblance of normalcy as time permits it. 2020 is a year students will remember, and we hope that Priory is a source of hope and resilience for them.
A few updates for the start of the year:
- Mrs. Materniak's office has been moved to the High School Commons. This new location offers improved confidentiality and a lovely campus view.
- Mr. Mitchom's office remains in the Junior School. He serves the dual role of Director of Equity and Inclusion and School Counselor on campus.
- If your son currently receives learning accommodations, he will receive an accommodations letter for the 2020-2021 school year within the next two weeks. If you believe your son has accommodations, but you do not receive a letter, please contact Mrs. Materniak at email@example.com or at 314.434.3690 x136.
- If your son has demonstrated a need for accommodations and you would like to explore the process, please contact Mrs. Materniak for further information. If a student would like to request accommodations for the ACT or College Board exams, Priory requires at least 1 year of learning accommodations in school before applying to the testing agencies.
- A counseling office calendar link will be sent to all students and posted to MyPriory to make scheduling an appointment simple, confidential, and efficient.
- If you have concerns for your son regarding social/emotional adjustments, anxiety, executive function, depression, coping with COVID protocols, family stressors, etc. please reach out. We are here for the growth of the whole person and want to be a resource to you.
Please be assured of our prayers and desire to serve the Priory community.
Mrs. Materniak and Mr. Mitchom